Resets and repops

claw at null.net claw at null.net
Wed Mar 26 14:59:08 CET 1997

On 22/03/97 at 07:23 PM, Adam Wiggins <nightfall at inficad.com> said: >I
fooled around with ncurses for a while, trying to get it to work >with
descriptors, but it was both hacky and not very quick, so I >finally
gave up and just did it with raw vt-100 codes.

While I can't comment on ncurses secifically, CURSES should be
absolutely fine for this sort of application.  Heck, I've written full
screen editors atop of CURSES and run them over 9600 serial with
"acceptable" performance.  It just requires some careful tuning and
careful choice of how you use CURSES itself (as with most such things,
there's usually a more difficult fast way, and an easier slow way).

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
----------(*)                              Internet: coder at ibm.net