[MUD-Dev] Re: generic objects, behaviors

Sat May 10 09:49:16 CEST 1997

[Dert:]

[lots of wanted stuff]

:any of these things are doable in diku, but in my mud i want objects
:to behave the way they do because it is their very nature to do so, not
:because someone spent 6 months writing a million lines of special
:procedures &/or user code to accurately model each and every possible
:scenario and circumstance. IMO this is the easy/fun stuff, however...

I'm one of those low-level how-do-I-implement-it types. The only
alternative I see to the million lines of code is if you have enough
CPU horsepower to emulate the physics of the world on a small enough
scale that all of those things will just happen. I don't see that
being available for a few years at least. "There's no such thing as
a free ride."

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA