[MUD-Dev] Introduction

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Sun May 11 13:31:06 CEST 1997

In <Pine.LNX.3.91.970510172502.32099O-100000 at chimera.massey.ac.nz>, on
05/09/97
   at 10:33 PM, Oliver Jowett <oliver at sa-search.massey.ac.nz> said:

>...Much as I'd like to get into involved discussions about
>packet forwarding strategies, I'm yet to find someone also interested
>in this (I'd guess that it isn't really on-topic here, either)

In its relevance to MUD design, MUD server coding, effects on same, or
implementation of same for a MUD it very definitely is on topic here.

>One of the things I'm aiming at is getting a decent UI in place (this
>seems to be a popular theme here from the posts I've seen :)

Interface design is certainly a popular one to visit and revist here.
If you ever get a chance to wander back thru the archives you'll see
that there are few areas this list hasn't traipsed is hairy feet over.

>About 2 weeks ago, I set up a moderated mud-design list after getting
>fed  up with the level of noise on the merc/rom/etc lists. That was
>roughly 4  days before I was made aware of this list :()

Is the list running?

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com