[MUD-Dev] Introduction

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Mon May 12 10:42:16 CEST 1997

In <fxciv0pagil.fsf at phantasm.thekeep.org>, on 05/11/97
   at 01:48 PM, Dan Root <dar at thekeep.org> said:

>I'm also not convinced that C is a good language.  I use it and like
>it, but for a beginning programmer a lot of people believe that a
>lisp or forth-like language is actually easier to learn.

C has adavantages in having a very small clean syntax.  There's a lot
to be said for that.  Like ColdC I try to be very C-like in my
language, except that its type-less, pointer-less, has no concept of a
process environment, and doesn't really have a stack outside of the
execution of an individual method (everything is a message).

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com