[MUD-Dev] Re: Prepositions and parsing

Nathan Yospe yospe at hawaii.edu
Mon May 12 11:31:56 CEST 1997

On Fri, 9 May 1997 clawrenc at cup.hp.com wrote:

:Aside: I've been really hoping to get some more RP type members in
:here.  I suspect we tend to get more than a little buried in the
:technical aspects of the games and lose sight of the RP underpinnings
:(me especially as I don't RP at all).

Sounds like a good idea. Me, I run a paper and pencil (and 2 20 sided
dice) game once a week, which I always figured was one of my biggest
advantages in creating a codebase of the type that Physmud++ is. Using a
style totally apart from D&D, meaning that it is non symbolic
representation, or appears that way to the players, and still totally
governed (unlike tinys) was one of the principal goals. I like RP issues.
I just tend to disagree with the popular approach.

:In <Marcel-1.09-0508162555-b49Ky&5 at Gryphon.iaehv.nl>, on 05/08/97