[MUD-Dev] re: Role-playing

Marian Griffith gryphon at iaehv.nl
Tue May 13 23:07:49 CEST 1997

On Mon 12 May, Khanone at aol.com wrote:

> After giving serious thought to how to introduce roleplaying to a game that
> makes use of mechanics, and based on the experience I had when playing on a
> certain MUD, I thought I'd put forward these ideas to you all, and let you
> comment upon practicality and feasability.

I'll leave it to those qualified to talk about practicality and feasability
so I just snipped everything and ask you a counter question instead:
What exactly do you mean with roleplaying in your game?
It looks to me like you're working on a way to get rid of the straight-
forward kill something for experience and equipment type of games and
reward use of other skills directly rather than indirectly. This seems
like a good goal to work to but well, is this what you mean with
roleplaying?

Marian
will there be loneliness ...

Rolan Choosing Talia,