[MUD-Dev] Introduction

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Thu May 15 10:40:50 CEST 1997

In <199705140820.KAA20287 at regoc.srce.hr>, on 05/14/97
   at 08:27 PM, silovic at srce.hr (Miroslav Silovic) said:

>Okay, a few examples: One of the situations that happens often is a
>function returning either result or 'I couldn't do it'. With typed
>system, you need to return two values explicitely. With untyped, you
>can return either a list of (integer) 0 (assuming that result is a
>list).

This would seem to presume that all types are simple types and thus
there are no aggregate, complex, or user-defined types in your
language implementation.  Why not have the function call return a
structure or equivalent?  (cf ColdX's frobs (which I don't like BTW as
they seem a hacked design solution))

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com