Quoting and attributions

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Thu May 15 11:06:02 CEST 1997

I seem to have to mention this every three months or so.

Please give attributes for your quotes.  I realise that not all of
your mailers will automatically insert attributions for your quotes.
If you're in that camp, just add your own attribution.  It doesn't
need to be complex.

eg.

  [Nathan:]
  > [jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com:]
  > ...something Nathan wrote...
  >> ...something that Jon A Lambert wrote...

It gets to be pretty easy and automatic once you get into the habit.
It will make the archiver readers (and those like me that slip way
behind on the list at times) a lot happier.

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com