[MUD-Dev] Support mud [was Re: Languages]

Matt Chatterley root at mpc.dyn.ml.org
Sat May 17 22:34:16 CEST 1997

On Sat, 17 May 1997, ashen wrote:

> : From: Matt Chatterley <root at mpc.dyn.ml.org>
> : On Sat, 17 May 1997, Jon A. Lambert wrote:
>
> JL:> It would be interesting if someone had a mud server/
> JL:> talker for mud designers to log into.  Maybe with mail
> JL:> support, boards,  cut n paste, etc.
>
> imaginary.com and those boys have such a place up, and
> i thought it a great idea, with the sole problem that no one
> ever goes there.  you can usually find only 1 person online,
> while you're spammed with the inter-mud chat messages.
> i forget the address, though :-\

ie.imaginary.com 7890, I believe (Idea Exchange).

If I do recally though, IE is primarily a 'MudOS support site', and really
only attracts the (rather techie) MudOS crowd, and question-askers. Of
course, if you want to snag a word with Beek or George Reese / Descartes
(no comments, please), it's the perfect place to try.

I find the intermud junk a bit too much for the amount of people online in
my active hours too, and typically do not hang out there.

> MC: I actually compiled a Foundation II / MudOS mud today
> MC: as a 'support' site for (at least an attempt at creating) a
> MC: new intermud network (I won't go into details), but was
> MC: pondering extending it somewhat.
>
> MC: In theory it's at mpc.dyn.ml.org 4000, if anyone fancies
> MC: testing it and/or having a chat. :)
>
> but yes, some speedy chatting would be a good brainstorm
> opportunity.  even if those chats aren't recorded, they could
> be summarized and bounced onto this list by the talkees :}

Quite true. :)

I would support the creation of a 'logged' chat mode on this server, if it
is going to get used and would be considered a handy tool (the other
parties involved in the original project certainly won't object, since we
can use it for that too). Re: the above Imud gripes, Imud2/3 will not be
installed on this server (or rather, will shortly be removed, along with
an amount of other stuff), since it's intended as a developing ground for
a new system.

Anyways, if it's likely to be visited at all by anyone nice (you people),
I'll leave it open. :)

Regards,
	-Matt Chatterley
	http://user.itl.net/~neddy/index.html
"Fishing is complete and utter madness."  -Spike Milligan