Support mud [was Re: Languages]

Oliver Jowett oliver at sa-search.massey.ac.nz
Sun May 18 12:51:24 CEST 1997

On Sat, 17 May 1997, Matt Chatterley wrote:

> On Sat, 17 May 1997, Jon A. Lambert wrote:
>
> > It would be interesting if someone had a mud server/talker for mud designers
> > to log into.  Maybe with mail support, boards,  cut n paste, etc.
> >
> > Of course email tends to be more thought out and leisurely.
> >
> > Just a thought.
>
> *chuckle*
>
> Quite a popular thought too.
>
> I actually compiled a Foundation II / MudOS mud today as a 'support' site
> for (at least an attempt at creating) a new intermud network (I won't go
> into details), but was pondering extending it somewhat.
>
> If anyone is actually interested, it's not locked up, and the only access
> restrictions are that it's on my home box (and only up during the 13-17
> hours a day when I'm online).
>
> In theory it's at mpc.dyn.ml.org 4000, if anyone fancies testing it and/or
> having a chat. :)
>
> I definitely agree with the comment on email, btw, but fully interactive
> discussion is IMHO more suited for 'brainstorming' sessions, and so forth.

rcode on IMC2 already does something like this for those muds that are
connected. We have had quite a few newbie questions in the past, but that
seems to have died down to a dull roar. We get quite a bit of intelligent
discussion on there now, and it's a good place to bounce ideas off people.

I've been meaning to look into hooking up IMC2 with (one of?) the LP
intermud protocols, and maybe the circle-based intermud (although that
looks a bit hairy), if anyone's interested.

Oliver