[MUD-Dev] RP thesis...

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Sun May 18 14:37:59 CEST 1997

At 06:48 PM 5/16/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:

>Hate to reply with only a one liner message so I'll make it all two lines.
>Read Watchmen, it's a graphic novel (or comic as I still call them).  That
>kind of thing is all the rage in comicland these days, Dark Knight et al.

I love Wactchmen (I owned a compelte bagged mint set of the issues), but
Watchmen is NOT an anti-climax, though it does contain some
semi-anti-heros.  The major issue, the end of the world, IS prevented and
the charcters go down heroicly even if not in traiditonally heroic ways.

Watchmen however is also really very sophisticated story telling, both plot
wise and in etrms of visual story telling (most of the sub plots are in the
images and NOT in the dialog.)  Your average player out there can't even
handle something as dark as the traditional french-resistance WWII movie,
aslkign them to handle extreamly complex plots is IMO totally otu of the
question.

JK