[MUD-Dev] Languages

Mon May 19 10:40:03 CEST 1997

[Adam W:]

:Regardless of the technology, I know people that have them, and they
:ROCK the hell out of any modem I have seen.  If nothing else the lack of
:sudden hangups and other problems with phonelines; but the bandwith
:is quite good.  I even know someone that's running a mud on one, although
:it's pretty small (~30 players online at peak times).

How are they handling the "floating IP-address" issue? Did they get a
special deal of a fixed IP address from their cable company, or did they
get a special domain name that the cable company routes correctly?

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA