[MUD-Dev] Re: Administrative notes

Mon May 19 10:50:57 CEST 1997

[Miro:]

:Which brings us to another topic: MUD as strategy game vs MUD as
:roleplaying game. I suggest you spend a couple of weeks on some
:newbie-friendly MUSH, where you will be /forced/ to stay in character
:all the time (since many MUSHes assume that everyone is in character,
:and if you decide not to be, you're expected to warn the people
:around you).
:
:For that matter, it's a good idea to take some spare time, and visit
:any MUD type that you haven't visited yet. Sometimes it's amazing
:to learn that people may have found solutions to the problems you
:never even thought of. :)

This is an area where I am *very* guilty. The small amount of actual
MUD-playing that I've done would likely shock you! I'm much more
interesting in a MUD as a programming project. That's one of the
reasons why this mailing list (and the newsgroups, whenever they
happen to flow to me via my stupid ISP) is so valuable to me - I can
tap into a lot of concentrated MUD experience, without having to spend
hundred's of hours playing!

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA