[MUD-Dev] Re: Administrative notes

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Tue May 20 09:46:56 CEST 1997

At 08:10 AM 5/20/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:
>> [Miro:]
>>
>> :Which brings us to another topic: MUD as strategy game vs MUD as
>> :roleplaying game. I suggest you spend a couple of weeks on some
>> :newbie-friendly MUSH, where you will be /forced/ to stay in character

Hmm... Im very much into MUD as RP game but it comes from my pen and paper
background.

Can someone suggest one or two top quality newbie freindly MUSHes?  Im not
a newbie RPer but I dont want to have to go through an applciaiton process
that will take a long time just to see how they are doign things...

Yet another side note: Thsi debate-- role playing v. rule playing, goes way
back into pen and paper.  The MUD debate seems to just parallel everything
we've gone through there...

There are about 4 terms I am aware of for "rule players" in the rolepaly
community...
"Rule play"
"Roll play"
"GOPer (Game Oriented Player)"