[MUD-Dev] (fwd) Re: Issues from the digests and Wout's list

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Tue May 20 18:03:29 CEST 1997

In <199705190137.DAA06578 at regoc.srce.hr>, on 05/18/97
   at 06:45 PM, silovic at srce.hr (Miroslav Silovic) said:

>Errrr, you are probably wrong about it. While DIKUs are pretty much
>all similar (this is my humble opinion, feel free to contradict), and
>LPs, while they have more potential to diversity, still don't vary
>too much, MOOs can be and are *wildly* modified. I've seen anything
>from MUSE clone to DIKU close (believe it or not!).

I'd argue this one.  I know many of the variant MOO's you reference.
I also know of several LP's which stray even further from the fold.
Examples:

  LPMOO -- a very fine MOO clone coded in LPC which can run
    almost all of LambdaCore

  Tron -- one of the very true PK games, and very original (as a MUD)
    within that genre.

  BatMud -- Just have a look.

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net