[MUD-Dev] Re: Issues from the digests and Wout's list

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 21 23:27:58 CEST 1997

> From: Miroslav Silovic <silovic at srce.hr>
> I don't see it: If I were god, I'd change the world by something
> that starts with 'let there be *', not by something that starts
> with @create blah. :)

In the beginning, God created the $sys and the $root. The $root was
without form and void, and darkness was upon the the face of the $root.
And God typed @let_there_be $light and there was $light...

Its possible I suppose.  Considering that I am implementing a world
with active and interactive dieties this is a plausible IC activity.

> Changing the reality is not the same operation as programming, since
> the former happens inside the game universe, while the latter happens
> in Real World. In other words, ordering the reality to change is a
> game system operation. But implementing the change is event outside
> the game.

I wonder if this would hold true if your theme was along the lines
of "Neuromancer".  I would think that programming might be an IC
activity in such a world.

JL