[MUD-Dev] Re: Administrative notes

Miroslav Silovic silovic at srce.hr
Thu May 22 20:47:24 CEST 1997

> Miroslav Silovic wrote:
> >
> > Cajun Nights (krynn.solace.mh.se 7373) (application required, but it
> > doesn't take more than an hour or two to get a char).
>
> Yowch, been a while since you were there, isn't it? Approval on CN is
> currently taking something on the scale of WEEKS. It goes a little
> faster if you have a very pedestrian set of stats in combination with a
> bland and boring background.
>
> Incidentally, it's cajun.solace.mh.se 7373 now. We moved it around a
> little form machine to machine, and wanted to maintain a static address.

/addworld -T'tiny' cajun krynn.solace.mh.se 7373
(from my tf file, and character name deleted :) ).
It still works, I still play it and I know for a fact that you /can/
in fact get a power character withing a week. Note, though, that I
specifically had pedestrian stats in mind when I recommended it.

Remember, jeffk just wanted a peek. :)

> > Crypt is a neat WoD-themed MUSH at 206.205.192.10 7171
>
> They're still up? Lordy lordy. I'll have to wander over there and see
> how things are going, I lost the address.

I cheated a bit on this one, as I don't play it. But I suggested several
names as my friends from TooMUSH asked me for Croatian names. :)

> > I would tend to agree that problem with MUSHes is that they require
> > strong player involvement (i.e. it's hard for me to imagine anybody
> > getting into full swing on one in less than a week).
>
> Agreed, and help is hard to come by. Most MUSHes are operating much
> higher in capacity than they expected, and are badly understaffed. A
> MUSH needs greater staff involvement than most other systems.

Well, I wouldn't go as far as to say that. But it'd be nice to have
seriously gamemastered MUSH with relatively easy admittance.
Or for that matter any tiny-infestable server (a MOO, Cold, MUCK, etc).

	Miro