[MUD-Dev] Languages

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Sun May 25 01:11:20 CEST 1997

On Sat, 24 May 1997 12:47:02 PST8PDT, Jeff Kesselman
<jeffk at tenetwork.com> wrote:

>Again, I hate to say this, but i hear alot of oinion stated here without
>any substantiating facts...

Yeah. That's what happens when I give people my opinions. You hear a lot
of opinions that don't necessarily have facts behind them. That's why
they're called 'opinions'.

>Peopel tend to get irrational abt langauges and maybe we shoudl drop this
>entire thread...

I've been noticing that. I still don't see a single good reason for a
compiler or an operating system to be written in Java. Yes, it can be
done, and a small watermelon can fit into the birth canal too but let me
see you talk your wife or girlfriend into THAT one.

 I am here to grind your eyes harder into the miasmic bile of life; to
 show you the truth and the beauty in the whisper of steel on silk and
 the crimson scent of blood as it rises to meet the caress of a blade.