[MUD-Dev] Alright... IF your gonan do DESIESE...

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Tue May 27 10:42:07 CEST 1997

In <199705261121.NAA03109 at regoc.srce.hr>, on 05/26/97
   at 07:39 AM, silovic at srce.hr (Miroslav Silovic) said:

>Interesting. I think that many MUSHes do fairly good job at modeling
>society. In fact, it tends to be their main strength.

Based on our discussions to date on RP, I'd argue that one.
"Modelling society" implies a level of simulation.  Without human
players to animate and create a level of social interaction, it
doesn't exist.  This is as versus an automated societal simulation
which runs as a society whether players are present or not.

A specious point for the player-centric, but a key one for the
systemic people.

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com