Meta issues [was Alright... IF your gonan do DESIESE...]

Matt Chatterley root at mpc.dyn.ml.org
Tue May 27 17:55:08 CEST 1997

On Tue, 27 May 1997 coder at ibm.net wrote:

> What a problem.  Terrible isn't it?

Awful, eh. ;)

It does make a BIG changes from the newsgroups, etc, though. I'm used to
it now.. it takes a while to adjust. :P

> Actually this is of concern to me.  I don't want the list to be a
> victem of its own success.  Traffic levels show every sign of
> continuing to grow -- even with our paltry subscriber list (we're
> still under 50 members).  I've already received several comments that
> some members are starting to go into overwhelm both with the high
> signal level signal level and traffic volume.
>
> What to do?  Is it really a problem?  Suggestions and comments welcome
> either directly to me at coder at null.net or here in the list.

Is a digest form of the list available for those that like to read, and
comment occasionally? Personally I destest digests (it makes it hard to
reply and include previous message text), but for those that are less
active (the lurkers), a digest option might be great.

Also, subject lines - if people can keep them really relevant to the post
at hand, it'd help, I reckon (for instance, I delete the language posts on
the spot, since I don't have interest in the thread). Some of them drift
away, but the subject doesnt change (ie the RP Thesis thread).

Other than that, I can't really think of much that can be done. :)

Regards,
	-Matt Chatterley
	http://user.itl.net/~neddy/index.html
"Fishing is complete and utter madness."  -Spike Milligan