[MUD-Dev] RP thesis...

Marian Griffith gryphon at iaehv.nl
Tue May 27 18:21:29 CEST 1997

On Thu 22 May, Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:
> Travis S Casey wrote:

> > anyone for trichinosis and salmonella on muds?  :-)

> I've seen MUDs where food would go bad after a certain period of time,
> and act as a gradually more and more intense poison. I really hated
> that.

Why? It's a nice addition to the game, as well as annoying those players
who only go stat hunting without any thought of gameplay. If there's
some skill to delay the moment food goes bad, and to recognise it when
it has gone I don't see what's the bother. Otherwise you'll just have
to spend some thought on when you acquired that side of beef, and how
much you trust the butcher you bought it from. Or play an orc who,
according to rumour, can eat just about anything without getting
poisoned by it.

Marian
will there be loneliness ...

Rolan Choosing Talia,