[MUD-Dev] Rooms, 3D arrays, etc.

Wed May 28 19:33:11 CEST 1997

[Miro:]

:Use pseudorandom function. Here's one I use to generate procedural
:textures in my renderer:

[code omitted]

Call me dumb, but I'm not understanding your solution. I see what the
code does, but I don't see how it fits in. Where do the parameters to
'irand' come from, i.e. what are they, and how do they relate to the
x,y coordinates and the stored random seeds used to tweak the landscape?

:> Whew! That would keep us all busy for a year or two! Nobody said it
:> would be easy, but it would finally stop people like me that just want
:> to explore everything!
:
:This sounds like Cray (one that does infinite loop in 2.8 seconds) :)

Heck no, it'll run on my 7 Mhz A1000, using interpreted code. :-)

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA