[MUD-Dev] Life

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Thu May 29 11:30:30 CEST 1997

At 09:31 PM 5/28/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:
>Part of the player-value in PK is the awareness that the killer caused
>a real and direct effect on another human.

Thsi si true for a PK MUD, but this is nto intended to be. Thsii s ratehr
intended to be a fairly close analogy to the way reasonably mature people
play AD&D.

Reasonably mature players generally DON'T want to hurt the other player...
this is not exactly a socially positive action, and killign off someone
elses charatcer that they have time and emotionasl investment in definately
counts as hurtign the toher player.  Paritcuaklrly when, as you suggest,
this iws in fact the GOAL, to hurt someone else personally.

I guess I see no "value" in providing a place for people to hurt each other
on a personal level. Let me do it on the streets, but not in my game.

JK