[MUD-Dev] Re: Administrative notes

Fraser McCormick 9636325 at arran.sms.ed.ac.uk
Thu May 29 16:04:11 CEST 1997

> > > My problem is that it doesn't work that way. I can throw balls in the air
> > > until my arm falls off without getting in the least better at juggling. Skills
>
> > Heh...here you are wrong.  I picked that example because that is *exactly*
> > how I learned to juggle.
>
> In that case perhaps juggling is a wrong example. I still belief you can
> learn only so much of something by just doing it. You make far better,
> and bigger, progress when you have somebody around explaining how to do
> it (and why, and showing you).

Perhaps a way to do this would be to make it possible to learn
without a teacher, butif taught it is a lot easier to learn (up to
the teachers own skill level, or some fraction of it). How much
easier it would be would depend on how good the teacher is.
F.G.McCormick at sms.ed.ac.uk
The question isn't whether I'm paranoid,
it's whether I'm paranoid enough.