[MUD-Dev] Levels and Goals [was Alright..IF your gonan do

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Fri May 30 16:24:56 CEST 1997

In <3.0.32.19970528125659.009cc5e0 at mail.tenetwork.com>, on 05/28/97
   at 09:41 PM, Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com> said:

>Urm.  Thats just oen of a host of problems.  I coudl do a long psot
>on this but i don't have the tiem currently.
>Suffice it to say if there is ANY way to be significantly more
>powerful then soem other groui pof players, a group of players wil
>lfind it, exploit it and try to domiante the game.

>If there is NO such thoing as pwoer levels, they will try verbal
>abuse, intimidation and hacking.

This would seem possible to handle in a commercial setting by changing
the token that is bought:

  $15 purchases an application to join the game.  Note: The company
    has no obligation to approve applications (may partially return
    $$$ for refused applications, and may limit applications from
    players to # per month).

  $10 purchases your right to play the game for X hours _IF_ your
    application is approved.

  An approved application is valid for YY hours of play.  Most
    applications will be automatically re-submitted and approved
    by default by the company.  Should a player prove troublesome
    the application will be denied on its next submission.

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com