[MUD-Dev] string parsing

Sun Nov 9 09:38:38 CET 1997

[JC:]

:  > l
:  You are in a street.  In front of you a wagon and team stands.  Bubba is
:  in front of the team working with th reins.	It looks like Bernie is
:  crawling abouit under the wagon doing something with an axe.  You can just
:  see Boffo standing on the far side of the wagon.
:
:The interesting point in that is the careful choice of the "on the far
:side" prepositional phrase as vs "behind", as "behind" is ambiguous given
:that the wagon has its own prepositional space which (can be) different
:from its location's prepositional space.  Bubba's "in front" works there
:because the language explicitly names the wagon's prepositional space.

You've lost me on that one! Also, 'behind' seems clearer to me, since 'on
the far side of' could mean literally standing on the side of the wagon.

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA