[MUD-Dev] Introductions and

Mike Sellers mike at online-alchemy.com
Sun Nov 23 12:24:17 CET 1997

At 02:10 PM 11/22/97 PST8PDT, Adam Wiggins wrote:
>Buffy says, 'You moron.  I hate your guts.'
>> slap buffy
>You wouldn't DREAM of doing that!
>> growl buffy
>You let loose a sigh of passion as you stare into Buffy's eyes.

I see where you're going with this, but I would never do this.  Maybe this
is just a style or culture thing, but I detest it when the game (or DM or
GM or whatever) yanks control of "me" or "my character" away from my
control.  In certain exceptional instances this is understandable, for
example when under the influence of a love potion -- you know it but your
character doesn't, which makes thinks okay and actually makes for great
roleplaying.

I would be VERY careful about doing anything that rips away the user's
control of their character.  This is probably one of the fastest ways to
lose players permanently.

Mike Sellers                                    Chief Alchemist
mike at online-alchemy.com                         Online Alchemy

        Combining art & science to create new worlds.