[MUD-Dev] A flamewar startingpoint.)

Mon Nov 24 11:47:05 CET 1997

Marian Griffith <gryphon at iaehv.nl> wrote:
>On Fri 21 Nov, Jon A. Lambert wrote:
>I have been thinking on this. The idea to have to code to be playing the
>game does not appeal to me, and I think is excessive trouble.  Currently
>combat is handled very poorly in my opinion.  Why not try to find a mid-
>dle ground? E.g. there exist a variety of attack and defense patterns. A
>player must choose which of those his character will attempt,  of course
>to the best of its abilities. If you don't say anything at all your cha-

There is a nice twist to this in a C64 game called "Floyd the Droid"
where you program/play a robot that cleans out the sewers of major
cities.  Those sewers are populated with different monsters that moves
differently.  Hitting fire will here execute your program.  The
programming is done in a simple matrix like visual programming
environment, where you have buildingblocks for movement, jumping, and
other actions.

Ola.