[MUD-Dev] Introductions and

Richard Woolcock KaVir at dial.pipex.com
Mon Nov 24 19:57:38 CET 1997

Ola Fosheim Gr=F8stad wrote:
>=20
> Richard Woolcock <KaVir at dial.pipex.com> wrote:
> >Marian Griffith wrote:
> >> On Wed 19 Nov, Richard Woolcock wrote:
>=20
> >>
> >> This is off topic and I know I should not respond to this, but .. wh=
y?

> >amount of favour you owe me.  Part of this system will also revolve ar=
ound
> >how much you like someone, and thus being able to squeeze favours out =
of
> >people who have feelings towards you.  Obviously, being attracted to
> >someone is going to play a large part of this, and thus sexuality can
> >be quite important ("look hon, do I REALLY have to kill him just to
> >prove my love for you?").
>=20
> Teams are important, but there is no disadvantage in roleplaying a
> homosexual on most muds?  Given a fairly large player base you will be

You must have missed my posts about childbirth and playing your own
children when your character eventually dies of old age.

> able to find other people that are sufficiently openminded and you'll
> team up with them, forming a strong group.  In a world with little
> loyalty minorities with a strong introvert commitment can become quite
> powerfull.
>=20
> (And bisexuality is obviously an advantage for a person... Wish I
> was.)

How can it be an advantage (in the mud) to be manipulatible by people
of either gender?  Sure, hetro's would be able to form close friendships
with people of the same gender (and similar for homo's with those of
opposite gender), but friendship only goes so far (and doesn't make you
do all the stupid things love can).

KaVir.