[MUD-Dev] Modeling spells/skills as collections of affects

Michael Hohensee michael at sparta.mainstream.net
Tue Sep 2 12:54:14 CEST 1997

An ugly approach to this problem would be to make all higher level
functions (like getrand, move_to, attack_this, etc) availible through a
runtime programming language.  (I suppose this or something similar has
already implemented, but it'd work better than trying to define the
effects of new spells before they're written, since it's less limiting.

Of course, that's just my opinion. :)

Michael Hohensee       michael at sparta.mainstream.net
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/9025/
      Finger me for my PGP Public Key, or use:
http://sparta.mainstream.net/michael/pgpkey.txt