[MUD-Dev] New topic: AI and NPCs

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Wed Sep 3 15:14:23 CEST 1997

At 02:42 PM 9/3/97 PST8PDT, Ola wrote:
>with multiple attackers (I remember something about up to 3).  From what
>I've heard from other people, jiu-jitsu can be more painful (bending joints
>till the attacker is frozen and cannot move because moving means pain) than
>Judo, but I suspect that may be wrong. There is probably lots of stuff on

Judo contains joint locks as part of the holds sectio n(arm locks, wrsit
locks, etc) which I beleive is what youa re referring to here.

The difference though migth be that in Judo,as it is a sport, it is the
"attacker"'s job to keep teh defender safe and relatively pain free.  In a
martial art you dont care abotu teh other guy or mgith even WANt to cause
damage.
>What are the problems?  By "holding" I mean things like capturing and
>dragging a person to jail, a maze or whatever.

We are developing sucha  concept. il llet you knwo how it works out in
practice.

JK
Jeff Kesselman
Snr. Game Integration Engineer