[MUD-Dev] Modeling spells/skills as collections of affects

Wed Sep 3 20:13:22 CEST 1997

[Greg ?:]

:I've been mulling over this idea of making spells more than just a special
:block of code that does whatever you want it to.  We are using a Relational
:DB and it occurred to me that most (if not all) spells would only be
:modifying values in the DB.

Don't forget information spells - those that provide the caster with
information not normally available. On my little server, the two I use
most often are "look", which lets me look at a character regardless of
where that character is, and "find", which shows what that character
currently sees. Both work even if the character is not currently logged
in, which is important given how infrequently I check!

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA