[MUD-Dev] Mud Games

Sun Sep 7 09:50:23 CEST 1997

[Caliban:]

:On Sat, 6 Sep 1997 23:48:59 PST8PDT, "Jon A. Lambert"
:<jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
:
:>Taber tossing,
:
:CABER tossing.

Right. The other is what they do in a little town south of here that is
famous for its corn.

:>Take the simple(?) case of a character racing event.
: [...]
:>What's the player FUN quotient here?
:
:In my opinion, as a player? Virtually nil, which is why I'm not
:addressing any of the other questions. :P

I think I'll disagree on this. Not that *I'd* be terribly interested in
that sort of stuff, but then I'm not a role-player.  The kinds of
seemingly pointless things that lots of people seem to be happy doing is
endless, and races and fair competitions seems like good candidates.
They were certainly one of the main cultural events in medieval times -
they were likely the highlight of the year for many of the lower classes.

It's hard to guess what might be popular. I would never have imagined
that anyone could be interested in "raising" a poorly rendered critter
inside a beeping watch-sized holder.

By the way, anyone working on putting tamaguchi's into a MUD yet? Seems
like a perfect candidate - you could do a much better job than the
real things, I'd say. Possibly just an extension of the pets that some
MUDs already have.

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA