[MUD-Dev] Re: Character evolution

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Thu Sep 11 14:33:16 CEST 1997

In <199709060518.AAA06755 at dfw-ix5.ix.netcom.com>, on 09/06/97
   at 01:19 AM, "Jon A. Lambert" <jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com> said:

>On 31 Aug 97 at 8:52, coder at ibm.net wrote:

>> How about if Bubba instead nukes an entire city from a remote
>> location?  BOOM!  __Everything__, and I mean __everything__ is gone.
>> Okay, you're doing a fantasy world, not atomic physics. make that
>> instead of a nuke, a huge fireball that Bubba has been constructing
>> and massing for years, the equivalent of a large meteor strike.  BOOM!
>> Instant miles of wastleand.
>>

>Let's see... I think the only thing left standing would be players in
>the city who are members of non-PK clans.  They could then rat on
>Bubba.  ;)

Why, of course!

But Bubba didn't PK them!  He merely used a generic MUD-tool (the
nuke) to obliterate a large portion of the land.  All the PK-clan
members in the area of course immediately died with suitable karma and
points awarded to Bubba.  The non-PK'ers found themselves standing in
a vast ocean of boiling magma with all oxygen consumed by the roiling
fireball above, and asphyxiated while munching on their well cooked PK
brethren.  Of course a few might struggle to the sides of the
devastated area, but by that time the rock would harden, leading to a
fine supply of life-like statuary surrounding the blast zone which
Bubba could make a nice profit on in the moaning lawn ornament
business.

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com