[MUD-Dev] Re: Character evolution

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 14 10:18:13 CEST 1997

On 11 Sep 97 at 15:05, clawrenc at cup.hp.com wrote:
> In <199709060518.AAA06755 at dfw-ix5.ix.netcom.com>, on 09/06/97
>    at 01:19 AM, "Jon A. Lambert" <jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com> said:
> >Let's see... I think the only thing left standing would be players in
> >the city who are members of non-PK clans.  They could then rat on
> >Bubba.  ;)
>
> Why, of course!
>
> But Bubba didn't PK them!  He merely used a generic MUD-tool (the
> nuke) to obliterate a large portion of the land.  All the PK-clan
> members in the area of course immediately died with suitable karma and
> points awarded to Bubba.  The non-PK'ers found themselves standing in
> a vast ocean of boiling magma with all oxygen consumed by the roiling
> fireball above, and asphyxiated while munching on their well cooked PK
> brethren.  Of course a few might struggle to the sides of the
> devastated area, but by that time the rock would harden, leading to a
> fine supply of life-like statuary surrounding the blast zone which
> Bubba could make a nice profit on in the moaning lawn ornament
> business.

But wait.  If the mud's only baker existed in this former city, the
"lawn ornaments" would have nothing to eat.  Their starvation
and death would soon follow.  At this point the administrator would
step in (after recovering from a severe fit of hysteric laughter) and
ban Bubba, restore the world and all the helpless players' equipment.

--
Jon A. Lambert

Nature comprehends the visible and invisible Creatures of the Whole
universe. What we call Nature especially, is the universal fire or
Anima Mundi, filling the whole system of the Universe, and therefore
is a Universal Agent, omnipresent, and endowed with an unerring instinct,
and manifests itself in fire and Light. It is the First creature of
Divine Omnipotence.
-----