[MUD-Dev] Affecting the world

Wed Sep 17 21:02:35 CEST 1997

[Jon L:]

:Why not provide guilds with mud mechanical structures and enforcement
:mechanisms?  Allow the guild leadership positions to be occuppied by
:NPCs and PCs with access to those mechanics.

As a non-role player, I would find it difficult, if not impossible, to
play successfully in a game where it was entirely up to the players to
"implement" such things in their imaginations. I'm only human (if that!),
and forget many things - I *would* make mistakes, lots of them. To me,
computers and software are helpers, for many things I do, and I suspect
I would be quite lost if they didn't help me play the game, by keeping
me in line with the myriad of details, many of which would be unimportant
to me (or perhaps not even noticed!), but important to other players.

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA