[MUD-Dev] Usability and interface

Tue Sep 23 12:47:10 CEST 1997

"Koster, Raph" <rkoster at origin.ea.com> wrote:
>On Sunday, September 21, 1997 8:19 AM, Ola Fosheim=20
>Gr=F8stad[SMTP:olag at ifi.uio.no] wrote:
>> Of course, there is no problem preventing scripting with a=20
>graphical
>> interface (and an obscure internal protocol). ;->
>
>Wish this were in fact the case. But you can script a graphical=20
>interface just fine. Perhaps not to the depth that you can script a=20
>more easily parsable text interface, but certainly enough. :)

Well, I guess that depends on your gui and the situation.  I don't see
any way to script direct manipulation of vegetables randomly placed on
the ground?  As for mixing spellingredients one could make the looks of
"the soup" be the criterion for success.  Anything ordered can of
course be scripted given the right OS-hooks or hardware.

Ola.