[MUD-Dev] Affecting the world

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Wed Sep 24 12:12:44 CEST 1997

On Wednesday, September 24, 1997 4:29 AM, clawrenc at cup.hp.com
[SMTP:clawrenc at cup.hp.com] wrote:
> In <199709210748.CAA24259 at dfw-ix13.ix.netcom.com>, on 09/21/97
>    at 08:47 AM, "Jon A. Lambert" <jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com> said:
>
> >Assuming it might, I'll lump in my earlier mechanics into the areas
> >you identified and also include an area we have considered a  given.
>
> >1) Individual Dynamics - ID
> >2) Group Dynamics - GD
> >3) Social Dynamics - SD
> >4) World Dynamics - WD
> >5) Play Dynamics - PD
> >Let's say you are considering implementing a global chat channel with
> >no limitations on it's use.
>
> >ID-0, GD-3, SD-5, WD-unk., PD-(2,roleplay; 5,player mgmt.)
> >Is this useful or not?
>
> I like it.  It passes the basic tests of an analysis tool: It allows
> analysis of an area with the results of that analysis being useful in
> both prediction of the area and problem solving within the area.

Oof, I can't believe I missed the original post on this... that's a really
nifty idea. It certainly looks useful to me, but I need to play with it a
little and see how it maps out.

=+[caliban at darklock.com]=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=[http://www.darklock.com/]+=
"It must be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to plan, more
doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than the creation of a
new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by
the preservation of the old institution, and merely lukewarm defenders in
those who would gain by the new one."                      -- Machiavelli
=+=+=+[We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams]+=+=+=+=