[MUD-Dev] Usability and interface

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 25 13:17:43 CEST 1997

On 23 Sep 97 at 9:30, Maddy wrote:
> Previously, Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote....
> > On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 21:43:02 PST8PDT, Adam Wiggins
> > <nightfall at user2.inficad.com> wrote:
> > >Someone's got to push up the ante; if everyone decided that doing something
> > >a little more interesting was just too dang hard, or 'a fool's errand',
> > >we'd all still be playing Pong.  Actually, Pong would have never been
> > >invented.
> >
> > What? Of course we have to up the ante, but let's not do it by stacking
> > eight million new things on top of what we have on impulse, okay? You
> > can't just hang a multitude of new things off an existing framework and
> > expect it to run properly.
>
> Most of us aren't using an existing framework?

There is another point to made here.  I don't equate the posting of
ideas here with the thought that the poster has actually gone out and
coded and implemented the whole thing on an impulse.  Nor do I equate
it with any sort of strong endorsement of an idea unless indicated.
Clearly some of the ideas have been implemented and the poster
usually indicates so. I view much of the posting an attempt to
elicit analysis and critique of potential ideas.  Also many posts and
some of mine are strictly off-the-top and don't necessarily indicate
any plans of the sort for any server.  They just exist to fire
synapses in other list members minds.

--
Jon A. Lambert

If I'd known it was harmless, I would have killed it myself.