[MUD-Dev] Usability and interface and who the hell is suppo

Fri Sep 26 00:16:30 CEST 1997

"Jon A. Lambert" <jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>> I think I've already mentioned my terrible dislike of switching between
>> mouse and keyboard. ;)

>Don't you see that this may be an area in which the list _is_
>programmer biased?  I am well aware of the dislike of many list
>members for mice.  It is my experience that this bias does not extend
>to the general user population.

I've paid some attention to this when I've talked with users, the
general impression is, everything should be doable from either the
mouse or the keyboard (or mike).  Naive users will insist on "more
point and click", while some users prefer to sit with their legs on
the table and the keyboard in their lap, with no space for a mouse.

So I'm sorry to say the burden is put on our shoulders, designers and
implementors. *sigh*

Ola