[MUD-Dev] Re: WIRED: Kilers have more fun

Marian Griffith gryphon at iaehv.nl
Sat Aug 1 22:42:06 CEST 1998

On Tue 28 Jul, quzah wrote:
> From: Damion Schubert <zjiria at texas.net>

> >From: Marian Griffith <gryphon at iaehv.nl>

> >>[Example snipped of a rather nasty way of indirectly killing a newbie]

> >>I really have only one question to this. Why did your friend do that?
> >>And most likely to a player who had done nothing to him, did not know
> >>what was happening and was justifiably very upset about what was done
> >>to him?

> >Because mischief is fun.  A lot of fun.  I don't even feel bad
> >for laughing out loud at watching these events transpire

> I must agree. I've found it incredibly fun on more than one
> occasion. I enjoy mainly mage and thieving types of characters,

I can not agree. As far as I can see you try to justify doing something
unacceptable to another player. And your only excuse is that it is fun,
for you.  Apparently you have not given a thought  to how the victim of
your fun feels. I consider that extremely selfish at the least and more
likely cruel, if not outright evil. And yes I have hounded down players
who did this kind of things the few times I became imm on a mud.  Maybe
I am vindictive, or vindicative, but I do not condone cruelty or tortu-
re on a mud anymore than I do outside it.

Marian (stepping off her soap box)
will there be loneliness ...

Rolan Choosing Talia,
Arrows of the Queen, by Mercedes Lackey