[MUD-Dev] Re: The great crusade....

Mike Sellers mike at bignetwork.com
Sat Aug 8 17:57:28 CEST 1998

At 09:03 PM 8/7/98 -0700, brandon wrote:
>  When I first discovered the online world, I paid a decent amount of cash
>to play a full IC mud in which OOC was not accepted.  ...
>  The thing is, this mud wasn't spectactular in the way of combat, or
>interface, but it was strong in Roleplaying and that kept people coming
>back...
>  I believe though that the roleplaying aspect died a little bit when they
>expanded their user base beyond what they currently had...

Another example of Koster's Law: the quality of RPing is inversely
proportional to the size of the user base. =20

This goes along with Hanke's Law: in every aggregation of people online,
there is an irreducible proportion of ... jerks (he used a different word

--

Mike Sellers=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Chief Creative Officer=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 The=
 Big Network

             =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Fun=A0=A0 Is=A0=A0 Good =20