[MUD-Dev] Re: List of rules suggestionbox

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Mon Aug 10 15:56:43 CEST 1998

On 09:10 PM 8/10/98 +0200, I personally witnessed Hans-Henrik Staerfeldt
jumping up to say:

>Law of admin/player relations:
>
>  The amount of whining players do is
>   positively proportional to how good you treat them

I'd be more likely to say "The amount of whining players engage in is
inversely proportional to the amount of time and effort you have readily
available to address their complaints."

But then, I'm a cynic.

I do know that every time I've been ready and available and willing to
address player complaints, there aren't any, and then when I get busy on
something else and am going to be tied up for several days there's always a
passel of players clamoring about piddly little problems they want fixed NOW.

---
=+[ caliban at darklock.com ]=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=[ http://www.darklock.com/ ]+=
"It must be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to plan, more
doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than the creation of a
new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by
the preservation of the old institution, and merely lukewarm defenders in
those who would gain by the new one."              -- Niccolo Machiavelli
=+=+[ FREE KEVIN * http://www.kevinmitnick.com/ * IT COULD BE YOU ]+=+=+=