[MUD-Dev] Re: [CODE] [LANGUAGE/PLATFORM SPECIFIC] My Event Engine

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Tue Aug 11 16:38:53 CEST 1998

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998 22:45:13 +0000
Todd Lair<tlair at mailzone.com> wrote:

> I had no previous knowledge of the poll call, and I was pretty
> elated to hear that it existed.  I went looking on my Linux 2.0.29
> installation for any sign of it.  No man pages and nothing I can
> find in the headers.

Look for /usr/include/sys/poll.h (at least on my RH/Alpha system).

> Would you, or anyone else, know if it is indeed available on later
> versions of Linux?

The top of the header reads:

--<cut>--

/* Compatibility definitions for System V `poll' interface.
   Copyright (C) 1994, 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
   This file is part of the GNU C Library.

...deletia...

--<cut>--

I suspect you need a glibc update.