[MUD-Dev] Private Re: [Mud-Dev] Re: Affordances and social method

Mike Sellers mike at bignetwork.com
Sun Aug 16 10:02:19 CEST 1998

At 07:52 PM 8/15/98 +0200, Ola Fosheim Gr=F8stad wrote:
>...Like today, I helped a 13
>year old boy to get new characters. Winnie the Pooh and such. He thought it
>to be dead cool, and wanted to show his gratitude to me by giving me
>something in return.  He sent me a picture, which turned out to be a=
 teenage
>pornographic picture, showing a boy and a girl having intercourse!  I=
 wasn't
>altogether pleased with his way of showing his gratitude... I guess he
>considered it to be a Gem or something, because he told me not to give it=
>other people, perhaps afraid that it would loose it's value... *shrug*

Ola, this is OT for the list, but I wanted to let you know anyway.  That
"13 year old boy" was almost certainly an adult man looking for young boys
or young kids to lure into child pornography.  What you describe is a
classic way they work.  He didn't want you to pass the picture on because
it is *extremely* illegal to possess or pass on such pictures, at least in
the US.  If you still have his email, I would *definitely* alert the
postmaster at his site.  What he's doing is a serious and unbelievably
destructive crime.  I've been through this while running M59; trust me --
this is a bad situation. =20

Mike