[MUD-Dev] Re: UBE/high: Re: FW: UBE/high: Re: W IRED: Kilers have more fun

S. Patrick Gallaty patrick at gric.com
Mon Aug 17 13:21:32 CEST 1998

Erm, speaking for myself - I think I understood the hypothetical dilemma here
in the tailor problem, but I don't make affordances within my virtual domains
for those sorts of people.   There are more satisfying places for people who
want to heavy RP than my muds... and I won't build in exceptional
compromises to accomodate them.
Thus I did not respond.  It's not that I am some kind of aboriginal backwater
tyro (thank you for the analogy dr cat), but rather that abstracted
non-competitive nonviolent role playing isn't why I write games.
So I suspect that there are other game designers here who feel similarly.

I also suspect that those of us who *do* understand but don't commiserate
chose not to respond. :)

I do make affordances for non-combat players, but they fit into the mileu
somewhere.  They are blacksmiths, healers, etc.  the logistical element.

Dr. Cat coughed: