[MUD-Dev] Re: Marion's Tailor Problem

Sat Aug 22 15:49:32 CEST 1998

Damion Schubert wrote:
> The problem is that tailors don't want to stay in
> town.  Why would they?  Anyplace, real or virtual,
> gets old after awhile. And when you get killed as
> soon as you step beyond the city walls, your cozy
> little tailor shop turns into a prison.  Which brings
> up two questions:
>     1) Is there any way we can allow the tailor to
>         see/visit the outside world?
>     2) Is the tailor entitled to see/visit 'dangerous'
>         parts of the world, without fear of reprisal?

If I could do this in the M59 beta with dozens of rampant playerkillers
running about, then I guess you could do that in any other design. It did
take a lot of herbs though... (and annoyed other players :-)  Then you had
this antikill player who basically all the other players wanted to see dead,
he stayed happily at 29hp.

I think you mentioned in another thread that the red names above your head
made pk'ers life tough in M59. That was certainly not the case in the beta,
the Revenants made life tough though when they started to work.  In fact,
being "red" was some kind of statussymbol, it was part of my and other
player's identity. "I am red again! BWAHAHAHA..." (It was kinda fun to watch
scared newbies run away when I entered a room though...)
--
Ola Fosheim Groestad,Norway   http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~olag/worlds/