[MUD-Dev] Re: Modular MUD

Adam J. Thornton adam at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Mon Aug 31 16:20:38 CEST 1998

On Mon, Aug 31, 1998 at 01:03:27PM -0700, quzah wrote:
> What's the big deal with encryption not being able to be exported? Does
> the government think noone outside the US is smart enought to think up
> some good encryption on their own?

It doesn't have to make sense, it's the government.

Yeah, that's apparently exactly what they think, with the effect that
everyone has simply moved their crypto shops overseas.

If I'm developing a protocol that doesn't really need much in the way of
links, would I be better off writing an SGML DTD rather than an XML DTD?

Adam
adam at princeton.edu
"There's a border to somewhere waiting, and a tank full of time." - J. Steinman