[MUD-Dev] Re: mud client development systems

Bruce Bruce
Mon Dec 7 10:52:28 CET 1998

>MY TECHNICAL DREAM
>
>Okay, going to get down and dirty.  This is my first time spewing
>these ideas into a document, everything else was scribbled on recycled
>printer banner pages (while dodging a cat who insisted on being the
>writing board.)
>
>Im going to prefix portions of "spec" with "**".
>
>-- Use Telnet --
>
>** Everything still depends on "telnetting" into a mud just as we do
>nowadays.  I want to layer the client/server connections on top of
>telnet.
>
>That way, you don't have to write a new driver - you just
>write new objects in your mud.  The driver mods can come later after
>the framework is settled.

I don't want to get too much in the habit of only posting posts that look
like "Have you looked at ....?", but ....

Have you looked at MCP/2.1?

While it is mainly used in the MOO world, it is definitely not limited to
just being used there.  Client support exists in the form of TkMOO-light
(whose author is on this list).

Info about it can be found at http://www.moo.mud.org/mcp/

Info about TkMOO-light can be found at
http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk/User/Andrew.Wilson/tkMOO-light/