[MUD-Dev] Re: DIS: Client-Server vs Peer-to-Peer

Fri Dec 18 17:53:11 CET 1998

Niklas Elmqvist wrote:

> lines of "Working Together". It is no coincidence that groupware is so
> hype these days, the worth of a group being greater than the sum of their
> parts and all that.

Sometimes... Surprisingly often does the sum of individual effort score higher
than group effort, in my experience...

> That said, I humbly move for adding the following to Raph Koster's Laws (I
> just saw you Raph, so don't try to hide! :): "In an on-line game, players
> don't have to save the world on their own all the time -- it is equally
> rewarding to save the world TOGETHER with lots of other people."

Which world?  The physical or the virtual?  How often does this happen without
degenerating to conflicts between groups which gets nobody anywhere?

--
Ola Fosheim Groestad,Norway      http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~olag/